If you've ever run a website or blog of your own, chances are good you've had some of your content stolen. This can be an especially frustrating situation if you find that the thief took not only one of your articles, but the entire contents of your website or blog through scraping.
I'm currently working on a guest post for Kathryn Aragon about why shutting down content thieves matters now more than ever, how you can identify the more anonymous thieves, and how you can make them pay (if you're the vengeful type).
While I hope you'll check that out when it's up on her blog, in the meantime I wanted to share some additional background reading that might be of interest if you've discovered someone stealing your content. Enjoy!
- How to Stop Content Scraping (Or At Least Slow It Down) - By Kathryn Aragon at KathrynAragon.com
- 10 Tools to Help Protect Your Blog From Content Theft - By Adam Connell at ProBlogger.net
- How to Prevent Content Theft - By Heidi Nyline at SocialMediaToday.com
- 6 Steps to Fight Content Theft - By Christopher Haddad at HubSpot
- How to Protect Your Blog From Content Theft - By Morgan Johnes at ShoutingBlogger.com
- Do DMCA Notices Work Outside the U.S.? - At WhoIsHostingThis.com
- The DMCA Takedown Notice Demystified - By Ken Liu at SFWA.org
- Sample DMCA Take Down Letter - By Gene Quinn at IPWatchdog.com
Have you ever had to deal with content scrapers? Are you worried about the implications of bad links from these theft-driven sites? When you find out your content has been stolen, what do you do about it, if anything?
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- An Open Letter on Trust, “Experts,” and Blogging - June 22, 2016
- 3 Month Blogging Challenge: The Pre-Launch Plan - June 21, 2016
- Get an Inside Look at My Blog Launch Process - June 17, 2016
- Writing Challenge Survey & a New “Coaching” Series - June 16, 2016
- Journalists & PR Pros Go Head-to-Head - June 14, 2016