If you want a successful writing career of any kind, you can't afford to ignore marketing. Whether you need to sell writing services to freelance clients, sell copies of your books, or bring in blog traffic that you can monetize, the best place to start is with a marketing plan.
Even if you don't opt to create a formal marketing plan for your writing business, there are simple things you can do today that will put you on the path toward the career you really want. Here are ten resources that can help you come up with a plan that suits your needs, budget, and available time.
- 7 Ways to Develop an Affordable Marketing Plan -- by M.J. Rose at WritersDigest.com
- 5 Strategies for Reviving Your Freelance Marketing Plan -- by Lori Widmer at WordCount
- How to Craft a Blog Post Marketing Plan -- by Robert Farrington at BeatThe9to5.com
- The 7 Step Marketing Plan for Writers -- by Susan Carter at WriterProfits.com
- An Author's Marketing Plan -- by Robert E. Gelinas at ArcheBooks Publishing
- Have You Got a Marketing Plan for Your Book? -- at Savvy Writers & E-books Online
- How to Build a Strong Yearly Marketing Plan for Your Freelancing Business -- by Tara Hornor at Freelance Switch
- The 6 Week Blog Marketing Plan -- by Sean Johnson
- Make a Marketing Plan for Your Freelance Biz -- by Alexis Rodrigo at The Savvy Freelancer
- 5 Reasons Why Your Book Marketing Plan is Not Working -- by Don McCauley at FreePublicityGroup.com
Feel free to share any other marketing plan resources with us in the comments. Enjoy your weekend!
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Sort and Filter for Easier Email Management - June 30, 2015
- Quick Tip: Keep Your Book Marketing as Creative as Your Writing - June 23, 2015
- 7 Ways to Speed Up Your Website (Infographic) - June 20, 2015
- More Unique Content for Newsletter Subscribers and a New Blog Post Schedule - June 18, 2015
- 8 Blog Post Ideas to Fall Back On - June 17, 2015