Each week we look at a specific issue facing freelance writers. This week let's look at productivity -- how you can improve yours, get more work done each day, have more time for yourself, and make more money in the process.
I make it no secret that productivity plays a big role in my own freelance writing business. Focusing on a "work smarter" strategy to productive work days is what lets me run a full-time business working part-time hours. It's why I get to take off every Friday. It's why I get more done than ever before, even while working fewer hours. And it's why I'm able to have a life outside of work (whereas I used to work 60+ hours every week to the point of burning out).
Here's a collection of articles you can read this weekend that can have you working more productively as early as next week. Enjoy!
- 9 Things to do Today so You'll Get More Done Tomorrow - By Laura Spencer at FreelanceFolder.com
- 10 Tips to Stay Motivated, Sane, and Productive - Jo Duxbury at FreelanceSwitch.com
- How Distractions Paralyze Your Productivity as a Freelance Writer & How to Eliminate Them - Ruan Oosthuizen at Kikolani.com
- Got a Place to Flee to From Home Office Distractions? - By Peter Bowerman at WellFedWriter.com
- 8 Effective Productivity Tools for Writers - By Koundeenya at WorkAwesome.com
- 5 Tips for Productive Writing - By Thursday Bram at ThursdayBram.com
- 7 More Productivity Hacks for Writers - By Linda Formichelli at TheRenegadeWriter.com
- 5 Productivity Tips for Using Outlook's Calendar - By Lior Levin at AboutFreelanceWriting.com
- How Your Office Space Defines You and Your Productivity - By Flavia Andrews at FreelanceWritingDreams.com
- Top 10 Ways to Be a More Productive Freelance Writer - By John Soares at ProductiveWriters.com
Do you have freelance writing productivity tips not covered in these articles? Consider sharing them in the comments below.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Want to be a Well-Paid Freelance Blogger? Do These 3 Things - August 28, 2014
- Free Action Plan Template for Writers and Bloggers - August 27, 2014
- Quick Tip: Back up or Clone Your WordPress Site with the Duplicator Plugin - August 26, 2014
- 3 Times to Lower Your Freelance Writing Rates - August 25, 2014
- Take the “Write Every Day” Challenge - August 20, 2014