Each week we look at a specific issue facing freelance writers. This week let's look at productivity -- how you can improve yours, get more work done each day, have more time for yourself, and make more money in the process.
I make it no secret that productivity plays a big role in my own freelance writing business. Focusing on a "work smarter" strategy to productive work days is what lets me run a full-time business working part-time hours. It's why I get to take off every Friday. It's why I get more done than ever before, even while working fewer hours. And it's why I'm able to have a life outside of work (whereas I used to work 60+ hours every week to the point of burning out).
Here's a collection of articles you can read this weekend that can have you working more productively as early as next week. Enjoy!
- 9 Things to do Today so You'll Get More Done Tomorrow - By Laura Spencer at FreelanceFolder.com
- 10 Tips to Stay Motivated, Sane, and Productive - Jo Duxbury at FreelanceSwitch.com
- How Distractions Paralyze Your Productivity as a Freelance Writer & How to Eliminate Them - Ruan Oosthuizen at Kikolani.com
- Got a Place to Flee to From Home Office Distractions? - By Peter Bowerman at WellFedWriter.com
- 8 Effective Productivity Tools for Writers - By Koundeenya at WorkAwesome.com
- 5 Tips for Productive Writing - By Thursday Bram at ThursdayBram.com
- 7 More Productivity Hacks for Writers - By Linda Formichelli at TheRenegadeWriter.com
- 5 Productivity Tips for Using Outlook's Calendar - By Lior Levin at AboutFreelanceWriting.com
- How Your Office Space Defines You and Your Productivity - By Flavia Andrews at FreelanceWritingDreams.com
- Top 10 Ways to Be a More Productive Freelance Writer - By John Soares at ProductiveWriters.com
Do you have freelance writing productivity tips not covered in these articles? Consider sharing them in the comments below.
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writing Pros – New Site. New Community. Next Month. - January 18, 2017
- Want a Successful Writing Career? Do What You Love (and Learn to Love What You Do) - January 16, 2017
- How I Use Todoist to Organize Writing Projects and Get More Done - January 11, 2017
- Want to Launch a New Blog? Follow Along With My 3-Month Blogging Challenge - January 9, 2017
- What do You Want in 2017? (An Alternative to New Year’s Resolutions) - January 2, 2017