At the end of each week, I like to share a link roundup based on one of our editorial themes for the month. This week we're going to take a look at writing query letters for freelance magazine writing.
If you're looking to perfect your magazine query letter techniques or get started in magazine writing with your first pitch, spend some of your downtime this weekend checking out these great articles.
And if you're looking for more information about writing for magazines, don't miss Catherine L. Tully's posts here. She covers query letter writing and other aspects of magazine writing for you each month.
- Query Letter Template for Freelance Writers [Infographic] -- Creative Genius 101
- Magazine Query Letter Sample -- About Freelance Writing
- How to Structure a Query Letter; Query Letter Sample -- PaulLima.com
- Can the Query / LOI Hybrid Help You Break Into More Magazines? -- The Renegade Writer
- How to Write a Query Letter -- PoeWar
- 5 Query Tips from Magazine to Manuscript -- LaurenKMcKellar.com
- Magazine Query Checklist -- Kathy Temean
Do you have a favorite query writing tip or article you'd like to share? If so, tell us about it in the comments.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Get The Beginner’s Guide to Writing Quality Online Content by Alicia Rades - September 17, 2014
- Quick Tip: Use Google Webmaster Tools for Your Writer Website or Blog - September 16, 2014
- How Important are Creative Writing Degrees for Freelance Writers? - September 15, 2014
- Plan Your Writing Projects With Gantt Charts - September 11, 2014
- Is Your WordPress Database Too Large? Thin Out Revisions - September 9, 2014