At the end of each week, I like to share a link roundup based on one of our editorial themes for the month. This week we're going to take a look at writing query letters for freelance magazine writing.
If you're looking to perfect your magazine query letter techniques or get started in magazine writing with your first pitch, spend some of your downtime this weekend checking out these great articles.
And if you're looking for more information about writing for magazines, don't miss Catherine L. Tully's posts here. She covers query letter writing and other aspects of magazine writing for you each month.
- Query Letter Template for Freelance Writers [Infographic] -- Creative Genius 101
- Magazine Query Letter Sample -- About Freelance Writing
- How to Structure a Query Letter; Query Letter Sample -- PaulLima.com
- Can the Query / LOI Hybrid Help You Break Into More Magazines? -- The Renegade Writer
- How to Write a Query Letter -- PoeWar
- 5 Query Tips from Magazine to Manuscript -- LaurenKMcKellar.com
- Magazine Query Checklist -- Kathy Temean
Do you have a favorite query writing tip or article you'd like to share? If so, tell us about it in the comments.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Look Beyond Your Bubble for Freelance Writing Advice - July 28, 2015
- Review of The Freelancer Planner - July 15, 2015
- Quick Tip: Determine Your “Perfect Day” - July 14, 2015
- Is Grammarly a Good Tool for Professional Writers? - July 8, 2015
- Quick Tip: Keep Blog Post Ideas Coming by Writing a Series - July 7, 2015