At the end of each week, I like to share a link roundup based on one of our editorial themes for the month. This week we're going to take a look at writing query letters for freelance magazine writing.
If you're looking to perfect your magazine query letter techniques or get started in magazine writing with your first pitch, spend some of your downtime this weekend checking out these great articles.
And if you're looking for more information about writing for magazines, don't miss Catherine L. Tully's posts here. She covers query letter writing and other aspects of magazine writing for you each month.
- Query Letter Template for Freelance Writers [Infographic] -- Creative Genius 101
- Magazine Query Letter Sample -- About Freelance Writing
- How to Structure a Query Letter; Query Letter Sample -- PaulLima.com
- Can the Query / LOI Hybrid Help You Break Into More Magazines? -- The Renegade Writer
- How to Write a Query Letter -- PoeWar
- 5 Query Tips from Magazine to Manuscript -- LaurenKMcKellar.com
- Magazine Query Checklist -- Kathy Temean
Do you have a favorite query writing tip or article you'd like to share? If so, tell us about it in the comments.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Some Early Thoughts on WordPress 3.9 - April 17, 2014
- 3 Month Blogging Challenge: The Pre-launch - April 16, 2014
- How to Add Custom Tweetable Quotes to Your Blog Posts (Without a Plugin) - April 14, 2014
- Free Target Market Worksheet for Freelance Writers - April 6, 2014
- Weekend Reading: Turn Your Blog Into a Book - April 5, 2014