At the end of each week, I like to share a link roundup based on one of our editorial themes for the month. This week we're going to take a look at writing query letters for freelance magazine writing.
If you're looking to perfect your magazine query letter techniques or get started in magazine writing with your first pitch, spend some of your downtime this weekend checking out these great articles.
And if you're looking for more information about writing for magazines, don't miss Catherine L. Tully's posts here. She covers query letter writing and other aspects of magazine writing for you each month.
- Query Letter Template for Freelance Writers [Infographic] -- Creative Genius 101
- Magazine Query Letter Sample -- About Freelance Writing
- How to Structure a Query Letter; Query Letter Sample -- PaulLima.com
- Can the Query / LOI Hybrid Help You Break Into More Magazines? -- The Renegade Writer
- How to Write a Query Letter -- PoeWar
- 5 Query Tips from Magazine to Manuscript -- LaurenKMcKellar.com
- Magazine Query Checklist -- Kathy Temean
Do you have a favorite query writing tip or article you'd like to share? If so, tell us about it in the comments.
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writing Pros – New Site. New Community. Next Month. - January 18, 2017
- Want a Successful Writing Career? Do What You Love (and Learn to Love What You Do) - January 16, 2017
- How I Use Todoist to Organize Writing Projects and Get More Done - January 11, 2017
- Want to Launch a New Blog? Follow Along With My 3-Month Blogging Challenge - January 9, 2017
- What do You Want in 2017? (An Alternative to New Year’s Resolutions) - January 2, 2017