Let's close out this week looking at one of the most important issues to face freelance writers -- time management. There's a reason you have to be fairly well disciplined to succeed at working for yourself. There are countless things that need to be done, and there never seems to be enough time to do it all.
The time management tips and advice in these articles around the Web could give you some new ideas. Have a read!
- Time Management for Freelance Writers... You Thought It's Going to be Easy? -- By Karol K at YoungPrePro.com
- 8 Time Management Tips for Freelance Writers That Can Increase Your Income by at Least 25% -- By Yuwanda Black at Inkwell Editorial
- Five Time Management Tips for Freelance Writers -- By Anna Goldsmith at About.com Freelance Writing
- How the 80-20 Rule Affects Freelance Writers -- By John Soares at Productive Writers
- Freelancing Tools: Key Ideas to Better Time Management -- By Jake Rocheleau at Noupe.com
- 8 Simple Online Time Management Tools for Freelancers -- By Leo Babauta at Freelance Switch
- Time Management for Freelancers Made Simple -- By Mike Smith at Guerrilla Freelancing
- 5 Time Management Tips for Freelance Writers -- By Ian Greaves at Freelance Folder
- Freelance Writer Time Management Tip: Daily Time Sheet -- By Debbie Ridpath Ohi at Inkygirl
- Attack of the Freelancer Time Terrorist -- By Samantha Gluck at Freelance Writing Dreams
Do you have a favorite time management tip for freelance writers? Tell us about it in the comments.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Conduct an Author Website Audit - August 19, 2014
- Interview with Michael Kwan, Freelance Writer and Author - August 18, 2014
- Have Writing Questions? Get Featured on the All Indie Writers Podcast - August 16, 2014
- Same-Day Delivery, Book Buying Habits, and Indie Authors - August 14, 2014
- Free Word Count Calendar for a New Writing Challenge - August 13, 2014