One of my most-recommended resources for writers is WordPress. I suggest that freelancers not only use it to manage a blog that could attract clients, but also as a platform for their professional website. In fact, WordPress makes it simple to run a combination professional site / blog.
As this week comes to a close, let's look at some posts that cover helpful tips and tricks for how freelance writers can make the most of WordPress as a Web publishing platform.
- How to Use WordPress to Set up a Combination Professional Site and Blog -- By Jennifer Mattern (yeah, me) at DirJournal.com
- Who Will Pick Up Where WordPress Left Off? -- By John O'Nolan at Fast Company (You'll find a better read in the comments on this one.)
- 6 Quick and Simple WordPress Security Tips -- By Solomon Thimothy at BloggingPro
- How to Choose a Home Page Layout for Your WordPress Website -- By Jon Dykstra at Kikolani
- Top 5 Free WordPress Themes of the Month -- June 2013 Edition -- By Tom Ewer at ManageWP
- 5 WordPress Plugins to Boost SEO in 2013 -- By Martha Buckly at IntenseBlog
- Beginner's Guide to Writing a Blog Post in WordPress Using Microsoft Word (or Another Word Processor) -- By Aaron Baldassare at Falconer
- 15 Top Best Writers WordPress Themes -- At WPtemplate
Speaking of blogs, here's a sneak peek of the new blog at AllIndieWriters.com. I haven't finished the sidebar yet, but as you can see, it should give you a fairly familiar feel to the blog here.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- How You Can be a More Prolific Writer – No Superpowers Needed - February 11, 2016
- Why You’ll Fail at Freelancing if You Suck at Math - February 6, 2016
- Why (and How) to Launch Your Author Blog Before Your Book - February 4, 2016
- February Writing Challenge: 30 Blog Posts in 30 (er, 29) Days - February 1, 2016
- Building Author Visibility Before a Book Launch: A 10-Point Plan - January 26, 2016