One of my most-recommended resources for writers is WordPress. I suggest that freelancers not only use it to manage a blog that could attract clients, but also as a platform for their professional website. In fact, WordPress makes it simple to run a combination professional site / blog.
As this week comes to a close, let's look at some posts that cover helpful tips and tricks for how freelance writers can make the most of WordPress as a Web publishing platform.
- How to Use WordPress to Set up a Combination Professional Site and Blog -- By Jennifer Mattern (yeah, me) at DirJournal.com
- Who Will Pick Up Where WordPress Left Off? -- By John O'Nolan at Fast Company (You'll find a better read in the comments on this one.)
- 6 Quick and Simple WordPress Security Tips -- By Solomon Thimothy at BloggingPro
- How to Choose a Home Page Layout for Your WordPress Website -- By Jon Dykstra at Kikolani
- Top 5 Free WordPress Themes of the Month -- June 2013 Edition -- By Tom Ewer at ManageWP
- 5 WordPress Plugins to Boost SEO in 2013 -- By Martha Buckly at IntenseBlog
- Beginner's Guide to Writing a Blog Post in WordPress Using Microsoft Word (or Another Word Processor) -- By Aaron Baldassare at Falconer
- 15 Top Best Writers WordPress Themes -- At WPtemplate
Speaking of blogs, here's a sneak peek of the new blog at AllIndieWriters.com. I haven't finished the sidebar yet, but as you can see, it should give you a fairly familiar feel to the blog here.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Relax Melodies – An Awesome Audio App for Writers - May 21, 2015
- Quick Tip: Your Freelance Writer Website is for Clients, Not You - May 19, 2015
- How Can Writers Protect Personal Information Online? - May 18, 2015
- Publication Rights for Freelance Article Writers (Infographic) - May 17, 2015
- Don’t Fall Victim to These 5 Blogging Myths [Podcast] - May 14, 2015