Every year Lori Widmer, a good friend and fellow freelance writer behind the Words on the Page blog, goes out of her way to help new writers understand what their services are really worth. This started out as a special event called Writer's Worth Day. Over time, it was expanded into a month-long event.
During Writer's Worth Month you'll find content from Lori and a series of guests on topics like making sure we don't settle for less pay than we should, how to determine what rates are right for us, how to build confidence, find new opportunities, and much more.
This year, Writer's Worth Month was in May. For anyone who missed it, here are links to all of this year's Writer's Worth Month posts from Lori and her guest contributors. Happy reading!
- Having What it Takes -- May 1st
- Why Your Price Isn't Arbitrary -- May 2nd
- Who's the Boss? -- May 5th
- Change One Thing -- May 6th
- 9 Reasons You're Worth a Lot as a Writer -- May 7th
- This Job, Not That Job 1 -- May 8th
- The Pen of Expertise -- May 9th
- Stop Chasing Payments -- May 12th
- This Job, Not That Job 2 -- May 13th
- That A-Ha Moment -- May 14th
- Beyond Sticker Shock -- May 15th
- Persistence -- May 16th
- The How-tos of Comic Writing -- May 19th
- Handling Client Controversy -- May 20th
- Publishers and Bad Business Models -- May 21st
- The Prepared Writer -- May 22nd
- How Do You Treat Your Most Valuable Asset? -- May 23rd
- The Quality Factor -- May 27th
- Losing Doubt -- May 28th
- 6 Things to Do Today to Improve Your Business -- May 29th
- 5 Ways to Defy Limitations -- May 30th
Did you struggle to understand how much value you bring to the table when you were getting started as a freelance writer? Do you still struggle with finding the confidence to stick to your rates or even increase them? Tell me about your experiences in the comments, or use the All Indie Writers free writing advice form and there's a chance I'll answer your questions in a blog post of your own.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Bree Brouwer on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 29, 2016
- Risks and Rewards When Writers Share Personal Stories Online - July 27, 2016
- Ask Us Anything: Taking Questions for Next Week’s Podcast - July 15, 2016
- Catch Up on Recent Writing Podcast Episodes - July 8, 2016
- Wendy Komancheck on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 7, 2016