One of the biggest perks of freelancing is being able to work from home. And that often involves a home office of some kind -- from a separate room to a corner of the kitchen table. This week we're going to take a look at tips and examples of home offices for freelance writers, and tips on keeping that home office organized.
If you're still trying to figure out how to set your your ideal home office, check out these resources. You can read some of our own tips and see some of our offices in the related links below this collection.
- The Well-Organized Freelance Writer's Home Office -- By John Soares at Productive Writers
- 6 Musts for the Successful Freelance Writer's Office -- By Anne Wayman at About Freelance Writing
- 20 Home Office Organization Tricks -- At RealSimple.com
- Freelance Home Office Design and Organization -- By Samantha Gluck at Freelance Writing Dreams
- How to Design the Ideal Home Office -- By Eve Gumpel at Entrepreneur.com
- Create the Perfect Home Office for Freelance Writing -- By Kimberly Ben at American Muslim Mom
- 10 Home Office Time Savers -- By Amber Weinberg at Freelance Folder
- The Basics of a Home Office Design -- At Inc.com
- 10 Beautiful Home Office Designs -- By Keren Fathi-Poor at Chictip.com
- Home Office Organization -- By Christina at ChristinasAdventures.com
- Design a Home Office You'll Actually Work In -- By Laura Drucker at Forbes.com
- 24 Minimalist Home Office Design Ideas for a Trendy Working Space -- By Sherry Nothingam at Decoist.com
- 10 Things to Know Before Designing a Home Office -- By Michael Desmond at About.com
- Home Office Decluttering Tips for Freelancers -- By Lexi Rodrigo at The Savvy Freelancer
- Photos: More Home Office Ideas With Great Use of Space -- At Freelance Writer Blog
Do you have a photo of your home office design (or a favorite one you've been inspired by)? Do you have home office organization tips that might help other freelance writers? Leave a comment and tell us about it.
Like this? Please spread the word.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media -- a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- WordPress for Writers: Tips, Tricks, Plugins, and Hacks – Part 1 - March 6, 2014
- Math for Freelance Writers: Why Numbers Matter in Your Writing Career - March 5, 2014
- 101 Resources for Freelance Writers - March 4, 2014
- How to Organize a Virtual Book Tour Without Breaking the Time Bank - March 3, 2014
- Get Started as a Part-Time Freelance Writer: Reader Questions - March 2, 2014