This week's writing challenge is all about helping you to earn more money. Too many writers get themselves stuck in a single or limited revenue stream model. This means that if one model fails them (demand drops, their site ads get banned, etc.), they're left without a backup. Yet writers have a lot of potential income streams if you think about it. Here's how I diversify my own writing income:
- Writing for clients
- Writing for my own sites (ad revenue)
- Selling an e-book
- Selling PLR business articles
- Selling reprint rights to some articles on my sites
Those are a few examples to help you find a new model to pursue. Test out whatever fits in with your style and industry. Start an e-book or report to sell. Start offering reprints for a fee. Maybe launch a membership site for an even more passive revenue model. Just start to diversify (or diversify a bit more if you're already trying).
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- An Open Letter on Trust, “Experts,” and Blogging - June 22, 2016
- 3 Month Blogging Challenge: The Pre-Launch Plan - June 21, 2016
- Get an Inside Look at My Blog Launch Process - June 17, 2016
- Writing Challenge Survey & a New “Coaching” Series - June 16, 2016
- Journalists & PR Pros Go Head-to-Head - June 14, 2016