This week's writing challenge is all about helping you to earn more money. Too many writers get themselves stuck in a single or limited revenue stream model. This means that if one model fails them (demand drops, their site ads get banned, etc.), they're left without a backup. Yet writers have a lot of potential income streams if you think about it. Here's how I diversify my own writing income:
- Writing for clients
- Writing for my own sites (ad revenue)
- Selling an e-book
- Selling PLR business articles
- Selling reprint rights to some articles on my sites
Those are a few examples to help you find a new model to pursue. Test out whatever fits in with your style and industry. Start an e-book or report to sell. Start offering reprints for a fee. Maybe launch a membership site for an even more passive revenue model. Just start to diversify (or diversify a bit more if you're already trying).
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip for Bloggers: Use Notepad ++ - September 1, 2015
- No. You Don’t Have to “Write Every Day.” - August 31, 2015
- 5 Free Scrivener Templates - August 26, 2015
- Quick Tip: Write Blog Posts Faster with Formatting Shortcuts - August 25, 2015
- Quick Tip for Indie Authors: Create Your Own Media List - August 18, 2015