Land more freelance writing jobs. Get the new 3rd edition of my 30 Day Marketing Boot Camp for Freelance Writers to launch or grow your freelance writing business in 2016. Get yours now.
This week's writing challenge is all about helping you to earn more money. Too many writers get themselves stuck in a single or limited revenue stream model. This means that if one model fails them (demand drops, their site ads get banned, etc.), they're left without a backup. Yet writers have a lot of potential income streams if you think about it. Here's how I diversify my own writing income:
- Writing for clients
- Writing for my own sites (ad revenue)
- Selling an e-book
- Selling PLR business articles
- Selling reprint rights to some articles on my sites
Those are a few examples to help you find a new model to pursue. Test out whatever fits in with your style and industry. Start an e-book or report to sell. Start offering reprints for a fee. Maybe launch a membership site for an even more passive revenue model. Just start to diversify (or diversify a bit more if you're already trying).
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- How You Can be a More Prolific Writer – No Superpowers Needed - February 11, 2016
- Why You’ll Fail at Freelancing if You Suck at Math - February 6, 2016
- Why (and How) to Launch Your Author Blog Before Your Book - February 4, 2016
- February Writing Challenge: 30 Blog Posts in 30 (er, 29) Days - February 1, 2016
- Building Author Visibility Before a Book Launch: A 10-Point Plan - January 26, 2016