You'll see me talk a lot about building a writer platform here at QueryFreeFreelancer.com, but what exactly is a platform? Your writer platform is basically a collection of tools and tactics that allow you to build and maintain both visibility and demand for your freelance writing services. Think of it as your built-in audience. The idea is to build an audience that will benefit your writing career, either through contacts and referrals or direct job offers from prospective clients. It's what helps people find you, so you don't have to spend all of your time finding them.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Keep Your Inbox Cleaner with This Quick Tip - August 4, 2015
- Quick Tip: Look Beyond Your Bubble for Freelance Writing Advice - July 28, 2015
- Review of The Freelancer Planner - July 15, 2015
- Quick Tip: Determine Your “Perfect Day” - July 14, 2015
- Is Grammarly a Good Tool for Professional Writers? - July 8, 2015