You'll see me talk a lot about building a writer platform here at QueryFreeFreelancer.com, but what exactly is a platform? Your writer platform is basically a collection of tools and tactics that allow you to build and maintain both visibility and demand for your freelance writing services. Think of it as your built-in audience. The idea is to build an audience that will benefit your writing career, either through contacts and referrals or direct job offers from prospective clients. It's what helps people find you, so you don't have to spend all of your time finding them.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Find Out Where You Waste the Most Time - July 29, 2014
- Vote to Decide August’s Monthly Writing Challenge - July 25, 2014
- The Horror Writers Association Opens Its Doors to Indie Authors - July 24, 2014
- Recommended Resource: NameSilo for Domain Registrations - July 23, 2014
- Quick Tip: Speed Up Your WordPress Blog by Identifying Slow Plugins - July 22, 2014