You'll see me talk a lot about building a writer platform here at QueryFreeFreelancer.com, but what exactly is a platform? Your writer platform is basically a collection of tools and tactics that allow you to build and maintain both visibility and demand for your freelance writing services. Think of it as your built-in audience. The idea is to build an audience that will benefit your writing career, either through contacts and referrals or direct job offers from prospective clients. It's what helps people find you, so you don't have to spend all of your time finding them.
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- How Writers Can Build Better Relationships with PR Reps - March 23, 2017
- Edward Beaman on Choosing His Freelance Writing Specialty - March 14, 2017
- Paralyzing Fear and Creative Professions - March 7, 2017
- Writing Goals & Resolutions: Take Two - February 6, 2017
- Increase Freelance Writing Productivity with Time-Based Task Lists - January 31, 2017