I'm affiliated with a software developer and we're in talks to work on a joint project. As of now it looks like that project will most likely be for a market of writers. Before we make any final decisions I wanted to put it out there for you. What kind of software would make your life easier as a writer -- either as freelance writers or indie publishers more specifically?
- Do you want software that helps you manage files, client details or other organizational tasks?
- Do you need software that would help with project development and management?
- Do you want some kind of advanced editing software for your indie published works?
The one area we absolutely won't work within is invoicing / financial management. There's too much liability in that area when talking about connecting to people's financial accounts, it would be a conflict of interest for the developer due to other work, and frankly I think there are plenty of options already available on that front.
Other than that, we're completely open to suggestions. So please, leave a comment below and tell us what kind of software solutions you're most interested in as a writer. This would be for a long-term project, but before we begin the real work on feature planning and development we want your feedback. After all, the software would be for you.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Reader Question: When Should Indie Authors Publish a Second Book? - February 26, 2015
- 15 Ways to Repurpose Your Content – Get the Full Report - February 25, 2015
- Quick Tip: Make Sure Your Author Blog Reaches the Right Readers - February 24, 2015
- Get More Out of Your Blog by Repurposing Blog Content - February 23, 2015
- Weekend Reading: Writing Effective Calls to Action - February 20, 2015