"Writer" is such a broad term isn't it? There are so many ways to make money with writing. What do you focus on? Where does most of your writing income come from? My writing income is rather diverse, and only part-time, but I do well enough with it to keep me happy. Here's how I earn money with my writing:
- PR writing for clients
- Copywriting/editing for clients
- Content writing for clients (once in a blue moon, and generally has to be a big site)
- Content sites of my own
- Selling informational products (just PLR articles right now)
Here are some things I'll be doing yet this year (hopefully) to earn more money through my writing:
- Pitching a marketing book to publishers
- Possibly self-publishing a short music promotion book
- Finishing up and selling an e-book
- Adding more content sites and blogs (like the freelance writing jobs blog I just launched)
- Querying some print magazines (something I meant to do earlier)
So, where does your writing income come from? Do you have plans to diversify your income streams? Let's keep building a list of ways to earn money by writing, so those starting out can get a better feel for all of the choices really available to them.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Mindly: A Simple, Beautiful Mind Mapping App - September 16, 2015
- Find an Extra Hour Every Day With a 5-Minute List - September 15, 2015
- Cut Down on Wrist Pain with a Vertical Mouse - September 9, 2015
- How to Use Books (and Amazon) to Find Great Blog Post Ideas - September 8, 2015
- Here are 5 Writing Mistakes You’re Probably Making - September 4, 2015