Today Kathryn Aragon was kind enough to host a guest post from me about content theft. In it, I explain:
- Why freelance writers and bloggers shouldn't ignore it (and why you're crazy if you think those "free backlinks" are a good thing);
- How you can track down information about even the most anonymous content thieves;
- What you can do to have your stolen content removed and hit scrapers where it really hurts (hint: it doesn't involve hiring lawyers).
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- An Open Letter on Trust, “Experts,” and Blogging - June 22, 2016
- 3 Month Blogging Challenge: The Pre-Launch Plan - June 21, 2016
- Get an Inside Look at My Blog Launch Process - June 17, 2016
- Writing Challenge Survey & a New “Coaching” Series - June 16, 2016
- Journalists & PR Pros Go Head-to-Head - June 14, 2016