Let's jump right in with this month's writing challenge. We're doing a 30 in 30 days type of challenge, focused on short-form writing. You can choose the type of writing you want to do for this challenge, depending on your goals. My recommendations are to focus on:
- Blogging (ideal for pro bloggers, nonfiction writers, or anyone using blogging as a part of their platform)
- Flash fiction (ideal for fiction authors looking to create shorter work for promotional value on their site or to sell to flash fiction publishers)
You can even mix these together if you'd like.
The challenge itself is self-explanatory. You have a 30 day period to write 30 short pieces of your choosing.
You can do this as a part of the community challenge this month, or you can do it at any time that works for you using the charts below for tracking and the challenge-specific forum where you can share your progress and get tips from other writers who took on the challenge before you.
Here are the charts to help you out:
Moving forward, we'll likely continue in this format -- having a focus challenge as a community, but having challenge resources and forum sections available for you to take them on at any time. I'll release more challenge intros and worksheets in the near future.
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Bree Brouwer on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 29, 2016
- Risks and Rewards When Writers Share Personal Stories Online - July 27, 2016
- Ask Us Anything: Taking Questions for Next Week’s Podcast - July 15, 2016
- Catch Up on Recent Writing Podcast Episodes - July 8, 2016
- Wendy Komancheck on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 7, 2016