If you follow the news and updates in the writing forums, you might already know that I'm getting ready to finally launch my podcast series. The podcast, like the rest of the site, will explore issues related to freelance writing, blogging, and indie publishing (especially book marketing).
Things are coming along beautifully. The intro and outro were recently completed, several shows are scripted and ready to be recorded. And the only thing I still need is a favor from you.
You see, I'd like each episode to feature anywhere from 1 - 3 questions from All Indie Writers readers and community members. And I need a few more to be submitted before the recording of the first few episodes.
If you'd like to take part, you can email your question to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "All Indie Writers Podcast Question" as your email subject line.
Here's what I'm looking for:
- Questions should be able to be answered in anywhere from 1 - 5 minutes.
- Questions should ideally be of interest to other AIW community members (not something that only you are likely to experience -- in that case I might stick to a private email response).
Don't forget to include:
- Your name (I'll mention this in the podcast; if you would prefer to ask anonymously or only have me mention your first name in the podcast, please mention that in your email)
- Your question
- Your website (if it's writing-related, I might mention it along with your name if I answer your question in a show; this is optional so you don't have to include it if you don't want to)
Examples of Question Topics:
Here are a few examples of the types of questions you might want to ask:
- Marketing & PR tips for promoting your book
- Social media marketing & networking tips for freelancers
- Client relation issues facing freelancers
- Recommendations for blogging resources
If I won't be able to answer your question in an episode, of if that episode will simply be weeks away, I'll do my best to answer privately via email as well so you don't personally have to wait.
There will be more info coming soon on the podcast launch. (On a side note, the new intro features voiceover work from the awesome Frank Prinzel; Yes, he's related to that other Prinzel we know and love around these parts. Frank was also responsible for the voiceover work in our original Freelance Theater audio play series if you caught those a few years back. If not, they'll be archived on the site again soon.)
What questions do you want me to tackle on the podcast? Shoot me an email with your requests. And thanks in advance for getting involved with the new show!
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. Through her company, 3 Beat Media, she operates All Indie Writers, NakedPR.com, BizAmmo.com, and numerous other blogs.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Bree Brouwer on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 29, 2016
- Risks and Rewards When Writers Share Personal Stories Online - July 27, 2016
- Ask Us Anything: Taking Questions for Next Week’s Podcast - July 15, 2016
- Catch Up on Recent Writing Podcast Episodes - July 8, 2016
- Wendy Komancheck on Choosing Her Freelance Writing Specialty - July 7, 2016