Looking back at all of your gigs as a freelance writer, did you have a favorite freelance writing job? If so, what was it about the gig that made it your favorite? Here's mine:
My favorite freelance writing gig was actually my lowest-paying one, and I believe my first: I researched and wrote booklets and brochures for a college professor (while I was in college and before I began writing on the Web), which were used in teaching college courses and community groups at events.
I was actually reminded of this gig this past Monday when my boyfriend and I made a trip back to my college to visit an old boss and take her out to lunch (and because I wanted to see the campus changes - it may as well have doubled in size!). While there, I stopped by to visit this professor. He's responsible for the Earth / Space sciences there on campus, and he's an incredibly quirky, fun kind of professor (he's actually the one I'd been wanting to interview for a piece to pitch to Air & Space, and since he agreed if I move forward, I may as well soon do that). Anyway... it was just a lot of fun back then. I had a lot of freedom, learned a lot, just enjoyed every minute of that.
So what's your favorite freelance writing gig?
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writing Pros – New Site. New Community. Next Month. - January 18, 2017
- Want a Successful Writing Career? Do What You Love (and Learn to Love What You Do) - January 16, 2017
- How I Use Todoist to Organize Writing Projects and Get More Done - January 11, 2017
- Want to Launch a New Blog? Follow Along With My 3-Month Blogging Challenge - January 9, 2017
- What do You Want in 2017? (An Alternative to New Year’s Resolutions) - January 2, 2017