Recently we talked about how to write a blog business plan. As promised, I've put together a simple blog business plan template that you can use for your own niche or business blog.
Why Have a Blog Business Plan?
If you want to make money blogging, a blog business plan is a must. Business plans help you get a better picture of where your business (in this case a blog) currently stands, how you can better compete in your market, and how you can run a more profitable venture.
My blog business plan template helps you evaluate a variety of things such as:
- The overall mission or concept behind your blog;
- Your business structure (so you can alter it if appropriate);
- Your strengths and weaknesses (so you can use or overcome them);
- Your budget (so you can control blog costs and maximize revenue);
- Your blog revenue streams;
- Your business and marketing goals;
- Your primary competition;
- And much more.
Download the Blog Business Plan Template
You can download my blog business plan template in an editable Word document (.doc) here:
Note: This blog business plan template doesn't go into the topic of blog content strategy. We'll discuss that more in the New Year, mostly at my new blog on blogging -- WritingForBloggers.com. It officially launches January second, but there's plenty of content there to get you started. Be sure to check it out.
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Advanced Marketing Tips for Experienced Freelance Writing Pros – New Site. New Community. Next Month. - January 18, 2017
- Want a Successful Writing Career? Do What You Love (and Learn to Love What You Do) - January 16, 2017
- How I Use Todoist to Organize Writing Projects and Get More Done - January 11, 2017
- Want to Launch a New Blog? Follow Along With My 3-Month Blogging Challenge - January 9, 2017
- What do You Want in 2017? (An Alternative to New Year’s Resolutions) - January 2, 2017