We have a few changes happening at All Freelance Writing, and I wanted to make you aware of them. Here's the rundown:
- Matt Willard was doing a trends-focused humor series here. He's now switching gears. He'll be writing a fictional serial comedy each week. His posts will still be published every Thursday.
- Clint will no longer be publishing freelance writing jobs. Today was the final job listing post. You can find out why in the comments there.
- However, Clint's bi-weekly Wednesday comedy series will now be weekly. So you won't miss him. I'll also be bringing Clint in to co-write our upcoming Web comic series, and hopefully the future animated shorts, so you'll definitely still get your Clint fix (and from the emails I get, I know plenty of our readers love him to bits).
- With Clint's series going weekly, I didn't want an overlap every other week with his comedy posts and Rebecca's posts for work at home parents. So Rebecca is moving to Saturdays starting in August. Every other Saturday you can find that post series.
- I'm also having Rebecca increase the frequency of her grammar / ESL series. That will also be bi-weekly on Saturdays, alternating with her other series.
- With Tuesday's job posts gone, I'll be taking over that day personally in order to get me more regularly writing here. I'll do as I always do -- tackle big industry issues, rant, share updates on what's going on with the site and upcoming projects, talk about the book, do some Freelance Fitness posts, release Freelance Theater episodes, etc. I'll also continue to post at other times more sporadically during the week with news, book club discussions, etc.
I also just proposed something to two of our writers that would take them away from AFW and actually move them to another site I own to let them head up the writing there. While I'd really like the change, I'm not going to try to shove it down people's throats, so I'll wait until I hear their thoughts on the idea before sharing that news (if it happens).
Jennifer Mattern is a professional blogger, freelance business writer, and indie author. She began writing for clients in 1999 and started her first blog in 2004.
She owns 3 Beat Media - a publishing and client services company which operates All Indie Writers as well as several other websites and blogs including The Busy Author's Guide and BizAmmo. Jenn comes from a background in online PR and social media consulting, having owned a small PR firm for several years before choosing to pursue a full-time writing and publishing career.
Jenn also writes fiction under multiple pen names in the areas of children's fiction, mysteries, and horror fiction. Jenn is an active member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and currently serves as the organization's Assistant Coordinator of Promotions and Social Media.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- 5 Reasons Not to Write Blog Posts Directly in WordPress - April 24, 2014
- Why I Switched to Scrivener for Blogging - April 22, 2014
- Some Early Thoughts on WordPress 3.9 - April 17, 2014
- 3 Month Blogging Challenge: The Pre-launch - April 16, 2014
- How to Add Custom Tweetable Quotes to Your Blog Posts (Without a Plugin) - April 14, 2014