As the day quickly passes by, I realize that I've spent most of it staring out the two huge windows that sit in front of my desk. The snow has been falling since the early morning hours, and I've watched it go from a dusting to at least half a foot so far.
I love watching the snow fall. It's one of the things I love most about freelancing. I don't have to worry about a treacherous commute. I don't even have to shovel the snow. If I wanted to, I could sit inside, sipping hot cocoa and watching the snow fall all day. And today that's exactly what I did.
In light of this semi-"lazy" day, I don't have any particular insights to share about the writing life. Instead I'd like to kick back and enjoy the perks freelancing has to offer. Here are some aspects of freelance work that most appeal to me.
What about you? Why do you love freelancing? Time with family and friends? Being able to sleep in? Having flexibility that allows you to pursue other interests? Are you enjoying a snowy day today too, or does snow still mean a lot of extra work for you? Tell us what you love most in the comments below.
Jenn has over 15 years experience writing for others, over 11 years experience in blogging, and 9 years experience in indie e-book publishing.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Quick Tip: Sort and Filter for Easier Email Management - June 30, 2015
- Quick Tip: Keep Your Book Marketing as Creative as Your Writing - June 23, 2015
- 7 Ways to Speed Up Your Website (Infographic) - June 20, 2015
- More Unique Content for Newsletter Subscribers and a New Blog Post Schedule - June 18, 2015
- 8 Blog Post Ideas to Fall Back On - June 17, 2015